Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I said "YES"

On Wednesday june 24th, Brent and I flew to Destin, Florida to have a mini vacation with his parents, brother/sister-in-law/their 2 kids, and her parents. We arrived around 11 am. We immediately got right down to the beach and stayed for a few hours and had a blast.

We then came up stairs to start getting ready for dinner, when after I took my shower and was starting to get dressed, I plopped down on the bed....as I was laying there, Brent got on the floor at the edge of the bed.....and Asked me to MARRY him!!!!! Of course I cried...and of course I said YES!!!!!

He then introduced me to his parents as the newest addition to their family. It was very sweet and very welcoming. We went out to dinner to celebrate...They all had seafood...I had fried green tomatoe's....

The rest of the week/weekend was fabulous! We stayed out at the beach during the days and just relaxed...I got to walk 45 minutes in the sand to see Katie Green, Morgan, and Kelly. Then Thursday night we met up with Judith and Allen for a late dinner and they got to meet Brent for the first time. It is so amazing how I had such good friends in Destin the same time I was there.

I am now planning a wedding! It is alot of decisions...decisions that I am not good at. We havent picked a date or venue or city or state for that matter yet, but hopefully soon we will and I will def let you all know...

have a great week!

12 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Poor Brent... he just couldn't wait to do it!!

You're marrying a real sweetheart. Scott and I love both of you!

Allison Wolfe said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Have fun wedding planning and don't let it stress you out - it can be so much fun!

KatieMGreen said...

congrats again!
what a treat is was to get to meet Brent and see you at the beach!!!!!
Love you and i am so happy for you!! you deserve all the happiness in the world!!

Lindsey Oliver said...

many, many happy congrats!!!

morgan collins said...

so fun! and so glad we got to see you...even if you about died on the way:)

Leah Hulsey said...

Congrats Gilly!! You seem so happy!! You deserve it!!

Brandi Beals said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah! I am so happy for you Gilly. Keep us updated on plans! Love and miss you!

Rachael said...

Congratulations! Very happy for you :) Hope all is well!

Suzanna said...

Well, isn't that the best news I've heard all week?? Congratuations!! I am super excited for you! You'll have to post some pictures of this guy...I can barely see him in your profile picture!

Nancy said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!!

Amanda L said...

Congrats Gilly. I am so happy for you.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, Gilly! I am sooo happy for you!