Monday, December 8, 2008

A year in the life of Gilly

This time last year, I was finishing my last few weeks of my 3 month trip to Italy. I was traveling all over Italy, Switzerland, and Austria. I was having the best time just seeing new places and meeting new people.

In December, I flew home to spend the holidays with my family in GA and I was doing some major job searching. I was living at home with mom and dad and in Feb I found a job that I knew I would love and I would actually be using my degree. But if you remember from my blog, I became allergic to the atmosphere from my job, so I had to quit (sad I know)!


In March, Meredith called me and said where she was being a nanny in Dallas, Texas, they were looking to hire someone new, and she wanted me to fly to meet the family. I visited Dallas, and I decided to take the job, so on Easter Sunday, mom and I drove 13 hours to Dallas, Texas.

Since March, I have been living in Dallas and loving it. I have been able to visit alot to GA for Judith and Lumpy's wedding in June, Lindsay and Jamey's wedding in July, my high school reunion in August, Garett and Cassie's wedding in September, and Gold Rush in October.







I spent Thanksgiving with the housekeepers I work with so I got to experience an El Savadorian Thanksgiving. It was sad to not be with my family, but I enjoyed making new memories, remember last year I did spend Thanksgiving in Italy!

And here I am now, and it is December again. It has been a fast year at times, but also a slow year. I have experienced a new place (learned the roads and highways), made new great friends, and I am loving my life and job. Thank you all for continuing to read my blog.
Merry Christmas to you all, and I wish you a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

rm said...

You said you have visited GA alot. You mentioned Gold Rush??? What is this event you call Gold Rush??

Lindsey Oliver said...

Hey Gilly! I just found your new blog. I hope all is going well for you in Texas. Take care!